Friday, July 10, 2009

Worst mother of the Year award goes to.........ME!

I haven't had a ton of time to blog lately since the girls birthday but I just had a "Bad Mom" moment and its still eating at me so much that I cant really bring myself to do anything else..... Anyway.....so I got a business call and one of our companies asked me to go set out some bottles for them and that means picking up and heading out the door on a dime. So we did....I was in a hurry because I only had about 15 minutes to get everything set out for the guy coming. Well I locked Gracy in the truck with it NOT running and it had been sitting in the sun for about 2 hours! So I made my first 911 call. I cant believe I did that. A police officer came over right away and got the door open in the truck so fast, but still in that little amount of time her little cheeks were flushed and sooo rosey, and she was so hot and sweaty, I am still feeling sick about it. seriously first thing, I am making like 12 copies of every key I own!!!!! It made me think about those kids that are intentionally left in a car, I think Gracy was in the car for about 7 minutes before the officer got the truck open and she was very "over-heated" can you imagine being left in a car for over an hour!!!!! It makes me teary just thinking about what I just did. its sad that it happens regularly.

7 comments:

Lance and Jessie Spiers said...

Ah, I'm so sorry Nicki, but stop being so hard on yourself. I'm so glad Gracie is ok and the officer responded so quickly. I promise your not the first and definitely won't be the last. You're such a great mother and you did the right thing calling 911. No one else could have got her out fast enough. Just take a few deep breaths and thank your Heavenly Father. He was there with you.

P.S. You DO NOT deserve the "worst mother of the year award" silly sally

Kyndi said...

I'm sorry you had to go through that! You are a wonderful mother and Gracy is very lucky that you were so quick to make that decision!!! Don't be hard on yourself-you deserve the BEST mother of the year award for worrying about her enough to call 911!!!

The McClellan Clan said...

Girl, I'm not saying this just to make you feel better!!! But you are human!! i know you feel so bad. I would and it would be hard to let go of. But you did the right thing and you handled it fast!! Good job on that. I'm so so sorry!! But you're together and she is doing great. And good news is she'll never remember it, so don't tell her;)

Unknown said...

You are NOT thw worst mother of the year! You would be if you didn't call anyone and left her in the truck, ok?! Everyone knows you are such an awesome mommy!

The Millers said...

What a scary moment. Im glad that the cops got there so fast. Thankfully! Dont beat yourself up so much about it. You werent the only one who has ever done it. you are a great mom!

JWPhillips said...

Nick don't worry my sister did that last summer with my niece Ayva. Brooke was putting her in her car seat and Ayva had been playing with Brooke's keys. Well when Brooke shut the door to walk around to get in, Ayva had been chewing on the remote and somehow pushed the lock button and locked herself in! So, it happens to the best of moms! Don't worry yourself about it.

Kay's said...

Hey Nicki your not a bad mother, i know exactly how you feel i did that to Bryckmen in walmart parking lot last summer thank goodness it was an over cast day and not extremely hot, but i even locked my phone in the car so i had to use some one elses i didn't even know and when the officer finally got my car unlocked i couldn't even call Luke for a little bit cause all i did was cry. It is an aweful feeling isn't it. I can't believe either how those moms do it purposely.