Thursday, November 6, 2008

Onward !

Ive had some serious thoughts floating around that needed to be released with all of this election mumbo jumbo. So I was reading a few chapters in this book I received a few years ago "An Enemy hath done this" Ezra Taft Benson wrote it back in the 60's I think, Its amazing to me how the prophets have so much knowledge of the future. Its just another realization to me how important it is to listen to pres. Monsen and his teachings.

In 1942, the First Presidency warned us saying:"Satan is making a war against all the wisdom that has come to men through their ages of experience. He is seeking to overturn and destroy the very foundations upon which society, government, and religion rest. He aims to have men adopt theories and practices which he induced their forefathers, over the ages, to adopt and try, and only to be discarded by them when found unsound, impractical and ruinous. He plans to destroy liberty and freedom -- economic, political, and religious, and to set up in place thereof the greatest, most widespread, and most complete tyranny that has ever oppressed man. He is working under such perfect disguise that many do not recognize either him or his methods... Without their knowing it, the people are being urged down paths that lead only to destruction. Satan never before had so firm a grip on this generation as he has now."I truly feel it is not foreign affairs that will destroy this country first, it is what goes on within our country, Americans destroying America. "Great nations are never conquered from the outside unless they are rotten inside... We might survive a nuclear attack -- but we cannot survive (any better than Athens and Rome) moral degeneration and the abandonment of fundamental principles." -Benson


I really feel that Pres. Benson is right, the American people will be the biggest conflict on our nation, not any foreign affairs that have happened or will happen. Its so hard not to be discouraged with the new LIBERAL in charge, especially since Danny and I have a little baby girl that has to now grow up in a seeming to fail country. I had the worst thought the other night as McCain's chances lessened, I thought how could I have been so selfish to bring Gracy into this world in such trying times, And then I got thinking how amazing she is and how important it is for her to be here and have the chance to change things for the better, that's the big plan, we all have the chance to choose and as Gracy gets older I have the luxury of introducing the gospel in her life. But I have to say while listening to Obama speak the other night. "If there is anyone out there that still doubts that America is a place where all things are possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders are alive in our times, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer." I do doubt, but I also have hope, McCain as well as Obama asked our nation to become Unified, I guess this is the one time in this entire election that I have had some sense of mind and feeling of comfort. I hope not so much for my sake but for my babies sake, that our nation will choose the right, be as a unified country.

2 comments:

Chase and Nahomi said...

ok me and you must be a lot alike because lately I have been thinking too poor alivia to be so small and have to live such a long time in this wicked world and it just seems to be getting worse and worse so quickly but your words reminded me of some things and especially those words that are from one of our prophets. it helps me remember the Lord knows whats going on and is watching over us always. THANKS Nicky for this post! PS where did you get that book? I need to get my hands on one.

Tiffany said...

So true! We have to remember that our little ones were saved for these days because they are such strong spirits. I can't imagine how the world and temptations will be when they are older, but we just have to teach them the best we can and they will be strong enough to make it. It's scary to think of Satan's influence, but the Lord knows all and we have to trust in him and do what he asks of us and we'll be fine. :)