Sunday, August 9, 2009

Mommy retreat!

Friday night I got to have a mini vacation :) Danny sent me to the city to see my sister......He and Gracy stayed back in vernal. I went to Orem and stayed with my sister and had sooo much fun. mostly shopping but I have to say my favorite part of the trip was
THE BOMBAY HOUSE


This place is like stepping into India, its amazing, it even smells like incense when you walk in lol, but so beautiful. The waiters were hilarious and did such a great job, we laughed the entire time, I was a little weirded out when they brought our food out ....... until I consumed my half of the meal......and then our waiter brought us out another plate and said it was "on the house" so I also ate that plate and this yummy yogurt mango drink . My sister is a regular there and so they all knew her and on our way out they were like....."see you on Monday!" it was hilarious lol. Anyway anyone who likes to try new things and loves culture.....its seriously the most authentic Indian food and its delicious....and spicy :) Order the "chicken Marsala" It wont disappoint. :) OH by the way ...... my other favorite restaurant is Mimi's cafe in orem, they have the most amazing quiche Ive ever had. The Lorraine Quiche....highly recommended. :) Thanks so much Corinne for spending the day with me and shopping until our feet blistered lol. And Ive forgotten how its humanly possible to stay up past 10 pm. I made it until 2:00 in the morning and then i wimped out. There's nothing like having a sister. I'm so Glad I get to have not only one great sister but I have two! We probably had Tiff on the phone half the time so she could shop with us. Thanks Danny for giving me a break :) love ya.

4 comments:

Kay's said...

how fun is that for you!! sounds like you had alot of fun i love sisters!!

Unknown said...

how fun! I've never been there but it sounds like fun!

Stan & Ash said...

awwww... we love Mimi's too!! im surprised we didn't see you there we are there all the time!
That sounds so much fun i'm glad you got a break!

Brett and Diane said...

That sounds like so much fun! It's awesome you're so close with your sisters. You make me almost wish I had a sister.=) I love going out of town to shop and eat at a yummy place.