Monday, August 3, 2009

BREATH!

So for allot of people....the end of the month is stressful, bills and stuff and for businesses you have to send out invoices and such.......well, of course my Friday was one heck of a day. Thought I better post because it was actually, in a weird way sorda spiritual. I had my Visiting teaching that morning.....and stuff always happens when you need to go VT, so of course My computer completely died, (and my poor partner got the flu) I took it in and the guy said that its 1 in a million chance, it just had a bad circut board. (brand new computer) we got it fixed. (bill was not pretty) . I lost EVERYTHING, my business documents ( those were backed up) but most importunately I lost something even more precious to me.......all of our pictures.........I couldn't believe I did this but I just broke down into tears in front of the computer guy. He totally didn't even know what to do .... so he just awkwardly patted my back lol. well anyway.......although I lost so many important things that day I had the most calm feeling ( after I broke down of course) lol. I couldn't figure out why I suddenly was like......everythings ok. im fine Gracy's fine, Danny's fine. and I realized it must have been because I did my visiting teaching. It's weird to say it was because of VT, but sometimes being obedient to your church responsibilities are really important. I hadn't been doing so well the last couple months......so maybe its my eye opener to start doing a better job. And I found out today that my mom and sister have allot of the pictures I lost. More blessings. And we added an external hard drive to our computer bill lol. Its great it automatically saves everything on our computer every night, so I will never loose anymore memories again. ........ PHEWWW.

4 comments:

JWPhillips said...

Nick I am so happy you were able to find some of the pictures. Just two weeks ago I copied all of our files and pics onto a backup disk just in case that would happen to me! Isn't it funny how things work out 'AFTER' we freak out.

Deets Family said...

That is horrible, but at least your sister and mom have some. It is amazing how things work out!!

Kay's said...

Nicki i am so sorry, i am so glad though that your mom and sister had most of those pictures, the other day i thought that i should copy my picture on a disc so that wouldn't happen to me. Maybe i will think about that a little harder now huh? lol

Unknown said...

oh my heck nick! I'm so sorry. I'm glad you got through it.