Monday, January 31, 2011

Cedar CitaAy and Dinner 2Night.....

My baby Brother is not so baby anymore :( infact its about time to put his mission papers in! ....Tear. ..... So my sissy and I decided to take a weekend and go visit him down in Cedar and hang out. It was a blast. Infact my baby brother has always been more of a big brother to me ....not because he is 6"3 but because he takes such great care of all us sisters. He made us Breakfast and dinner and took us to the best little pastery pub. The only thing missing was Tiff :( Never the same when someone is gone. (I have to give a shout out to Danny, he willingly gave up his weekend to take care of Gracy for me while I was gone. Some serious Daddy daughter time was spent. when I got home he was doing gracy's hair. Those are the best moments to walk in on. He did a dang good job to. Love you Babe) Its a little imbarrasing for me that my little brother is a better cook than me. I love him.
Me and muh sis.


we are so vogue. Going to sunny St. George for the day. 65-70 degrees is HEAVEN>



This has got to be the funniest thing Ive ever seen......There was a petting zoo by a Gas station on the way home....yup...a petting zoo. I thought it was kind of awesome, Anyway Corinne and I the animal lovers that we are couldn't resist. That emu would have pecked our eyes out, and it did peck Corinne, I laughed so hard my tears were freezing down my face.


They had a baby ZEBRA......I wanted to take him home.




We did do some shopping and the lucky girl that I am I finally found some jeans that fit my lerpy long legs. If you are like me and cant find any, try American Eagle Artist "long" dark wash, They are a dream for us who don't want to spend 200 $$ on one pair of jeans. pshhh who needs the buckle. (they were 40$$!!! steal for high quality thick denim and they look like the new silvers)






Who loves Indian food raise your hand!!!!! I have perfected my favorite recipe of Chicken Tikka Masala, Just like Bombay house. Dinner was ethnically wonderful tonight. I reduced the salt the recipe calls for by half. And only add half of the cayanne pepper. Also serve with Grapefruit Izze soda and lime to top it off.





1 c plain yogurt
1tblsp lemon juice
2tsp ground cumin
1tsp cinnamon
2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 tblsp minced fresh ginger
4tblsp salt or to taste
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 long skewers
1tblsp butter
1clove garlic minced
1 jalepeno` pepper finely chopped
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp paprika
3tsp salt or to taste
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 cup heavey cream
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

1. in a large bowl combine yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne, black pepper, ginger and salt, stir in chicken .....cover and refrigerate for 1 hour (i do 45 min)
2.preheat a grill for HIGH heat.
3. lightly oil the grill grate thread chicken onto skewers discard marinade. grill until juices run clear.
4.melt butter in large heavey skillet over med heat. saute garlic and jalepeno for 1 min. season with cumin paprika and salt. stir in tomato sauce and cream. simmer on low heat until thickens . about 20 min. add grilled chicken and simmer for 10 min. transer t oa serving platter and garnish with cilantro. Serve with rice or pita bread.




1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I LOVE the Rhet plate!!! WHy do you always look so pretty in every picture? NOt fair.